You are in the CarrTracks website Picture Gallery.
The Cairo, Arkansas and Texas Railroad built from the Missouri Arkansas state line to Newport in 1872, to Little Rock in 1873, and Texarkana in 1874. The railroad was converted to standard gauge in June 1879. It was merged into the Missouri Pacific in 1917.
The St. Louis Southwestern began as the narrow gauge Texas and St. Louis Railway. It built northeast from Texarkana and south from Malden, MO in 1882. The railroad closed the gap between Clarendon and Pine Bluff in 1883. The railroad was converted to standard gauge in 1886. The railroad was reorganized after bankruptcy as the St. Louis Southwestern Railway Company in 1891. In 1931 the SSW started the first of its Blue Streak manifest freight trains. During World War II the SSW replace 85 pound rail with 112 pound rail between Illmo, MO and Mount Pleasant, TX. After the war, it added CTC between Pine Bluff and Texarkana. By 1956 the SSW had CTC in operation over 752 miles of track from St. Louis to Corsicana. A hump yard was added at Pine Bluff in 1958. Pictures in this series are on disks 96 and 97.
UP at Texarkana
SSW at Brinkley
L&NW at McNeil
KCS at Texarkana