You are in the CarrTracks website Picture Gallery.
Norfolk & Western engines 562, 1309, and 2805 rest between assignments near the old coaling tower at Montpelier, Ohio on August 14, 1982. Montpelier was a junction of two Wabash lines. The main line ran from Detroit to Kansas City and a secondary line ran from Toledo to Chicago. In 1927, the Wabash added 21 color light signals between Montpelier and Alvordton on 11 miles of double track. In 1928, it installed US&S color light signals on 42 miles of double track between Montpelier and New Haven, IN where it joined the NKP for six miles into Fort Wayne. At the time the line had 8 passenger and 14 freight trains a day plus four PRR trains between Butler and Montpelier. In 1948, it installed CTC between Montpelier and New Haven. In 1957, the CTC was extended west to Chicago, southwest to Peru and east to Detroit and Toledo. The dispatchers office was above Montpelier passenger station until later moved to Fort Wayne. Disk 117