You are in the CarrTracks website Picture Gallery.
Rock Island Extra 4798 East picks up train orders at Waxahachie on December 15, 1977. The first two engine numbers were 4798 and 4794. That is the former Rock Island depot that was turned into the office for a farm supply store. The sign over the door reads, "The Nay Company Feed Mill Fertilizer Equipment" The operator handing up the train orders is from the MKT depot about 150 feet over to the left.
In 1951, an order was placed for US&S color light signals for Waxahachie to Houston. The project involved lengthening half of the 14 sidings to at least 125 cars. There were two signals at each end of the seven sidings. Between sidings, there was also an approach signal one and a half miles from the end of a siding. There were no other signals between sidings unless the distance exceeded ten miles. Work was completed in 1952. At the time CB&Q had two passengers and two freight trains a day. The CRI&P had an equal number. Disk 96